225g rice noodles (rice sticks)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cm piece of ginger root, finely chopped
4 shallots, finely chopped
70 g mushrooms, chopped
100g thick tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon chili sauce
2 tablespoons dried peanuts, chopped
chopped basil leaves for decoration
Unlike the classic Pad Noodles, this is a very satisfying dish with soy
tofu cottage cheese and mushrooms.
1. Soak the rice noodles in water for 15 minutes, or as directed on
packaging. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok and sauté the garlic, ginger and
shallots for 1-2 minutes until light brown.
3. Add mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes, add tofu and fry until
4. Mix soy sauce, rice wine, fish sauce, peanut butter and
chili sauce, add to the pan.
5. Add noodles and stir with sauce. Sprinkle with nuts and
chopped basil and serve hot.