Italian mushroom soup
2 tablespoons olive oil;
1 onion, chopped
450 grams of various mushrooms;
300 ml of milk;
850 ml of hot vegetable broth;
8 slices of crispy white bread or French baguette
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50 grams of softened butter;
75 g of grated Swiss cheese Gruviere;
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden
2. Prepare the mushrooms and cut the large ones into small pieces. Add to
saucepan, stirring so that they are all covered in oil.
3. Pour in milk, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Gradually
add hot vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill bread slices on both sides. Mix the garlic and
butter and spread on toast.
5. Place the toast on the bottom of a large soup tureen or on the bottom of four plates,
pour the soup on top and sprinkle with grated cheese. Serve immediately.